What is Reformer Pilates, and how can it benefit me?
The Reformer offers all the benefits of Mat Pilates and way more. It may look like a scary torture rack, but don't let that put you off. The benefits of giving it ago are multiple. The controlled and full range of motions create that long lean body, with minimal impact, its perfect if you battle with any injury-related niggles.
It helps build overall strength, flexibility, coordination, and balance, great for boosting performance in other sports. These benefits lead to daily life improvements, like better posture, graceful and efficient movement, and for many, relief from pain associated with physical imbalances throughout the body.
The Reformer is a bed like frame with a flat platform, called the carriage, this moves back and forth within the frame. The front of the carriage is attached by springs, these 5 springs provide a choice of resistance. The Reformer supports the entire body while preforming exercises in laying, seated, kneeling, and standing positions.
The reformer has many adjustable straps that can be pulled using arms or legs, the springs make movements more or less difficult to use.
The reformer will teach you how to truly connect with your body - by showing you how to breath correctly, to benefit exercise, and connect your abdominals with each breath, creating that deep core strength from within.
With this technique you're more than likely to move closer to your personal goals, resulting in improved posture and sense of well being.
What to expect from your reformer sessions-
- A posture analysis to discover your strengths and weaknesses throughout the body. (once every 6 weeks) we all have are own little twists and imbalances, that's what makes us great individuals. Knowing these little twerks help me design the perfect work out for you.
- Wellness overview. We all work at our own pace, everyday is different. Lets include our overall health..... do we need a steady relaxing session? or do we want to sweat? Together we can break down barriers mentally or physically.
- A 50 min workout designed for you, your body, and your goals.
- Finish the session with a good stretch and some well deserved relaxation time.
- Homework .... a little challenge for you to complete in your own time.
Total duration 1 hour, my home studio is situated in Ventnor, Isle of wight.